Our Menopause Clinic provides diagnosis, treatment and advice
for women experiencing difficulties during the menopause or
perimenopause (10 years before menopause).
The menopause is sometimes known as the 'change of life' and is
marked by the ending of menstruation (periods).
The average age of the natural menopause is 51 years, but it can
occur much earlier or later. Premature menopause is estimated to
affect 1% of women under the age of 40.
Menopausal symptoms, which affect about 70% of women, are
believed to be due to the changing hormone levels, particularly
oestrogen, and can include:
- Hot flushes and night sweats, sometimes associated with feeling
faint or feeling your heart thumping fast
- Vaginal changes, such as dryness and loss of tone
- Difficulty sleeping due to night sweats or mood changes
- Loss of interest in sex (libido), related to vaginal changes,
sleep problems or mood changes
- Mood changes such as irritability, depression or anxiety
- Urinary changes
- Long term health problems - osteoporosis (loss of bone
density), heart disease, stroke, weakness of the pelvic floor and
In our menopause clinic we will work with you to deliver the
right treatment aimed at alleviating the symptoms and helping you
to make a smooth transitional change at this important time of your
life. We provide a detailed consultation to assess the suitability
of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and assess the risks and
benefits in individual patients. Lifestyle advice and general
health advice is also provided.
For more information please contact our enquiry line on 01733