Our Health Screening For Men Packages
Our health screening packages for men have been developed specifically for men of all ages. Regular health screens monitor your health and lifestyle and detect any signs of illness early, such as testicular cancer and heart disease, when it is most treatable.
We have male GPs who you can select if you prefer who are supported by a highly experienced and professional nursing team.
You will receive a full written report following all health screens and have the chance to ask any questions you would like.
We offer the following health screening packages for you to choose from:
- The platinum profile
- The platinum ultra profile
- Well man profile
The platinum profile
A doctor-led fully comprehensive health screen for men of all ages to investigate your current health, lifestyle and risk factors.
This in-depth health assessment checks all systems of your body using a wide range of blood tests and other investigations.
You will receive a consultation, a top to toe physical examination, a personalised medical report, and recommendations by one of our GPs.
The platinum profile includes:
- Consultation and full physical examination by one of our screening doctors
- Medical and family history
- Lifestyle analysis
- Height, weight and body mass index
- Body composition analysis
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Urine analysis (including tests for blood, protein and glucose)
- Electrocardiogram (resting ECG)
- Lung function tests
- Hearing and vision tests
- Full blood count (to detect diseases of the blood)
- Biochemistry (to assess liver and kidney functions)
- Full lipid profile (to measure levels of blood fats including cholesterol)
- Bowel cancer screen (if required)
- Testicular self-examination taught
- PSA blood test (if clinically indicated) to help detect prostate cancer
- Full personalised report
The platinum ultra profile
Our platinum ultra screen includes all the tests in the platinum profile and is enhanced with the addition of:
- Ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis that view all of your abdominal organs including your gall bladder, liver, kidneys, abdominal aorta, urinary bladder, prostate and testes.
Pelvic and abdominal ultrasound is a safe and painless procedure that uses sound waves to see and check your abdominal and reproductive organs.
Well man profile
The well man profile is suitable for men of all ages. It offers an assessment of your reproductive organs and advice on how to exam your testes, in addition to blood tests and other baseline measurements. With this snapshot profile of your current health you can re-assess your lifestyle with the guidance of a trained nurse to enable you to make lasting changes to improve your health, if required.
Well man profile includes:
Why have a male health screen?
A male health screen can detect illnesses early and help prevent their development. It can highlight lifestyle factors that may be detrimental to your health and offer personal advice and pointers to improve your lifestyle and health.
Some facts about mens health:
- Many men, through embarrassment, fear or lack of understanding, do not consult a doctor until their symptoms strongly interfere with their lives.
- Many deaths occurring in middle age could have been prevented by taking positive action earlier to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Testicular cancer is now the most common form of cancer in men aged 20 to 35. Testicular cancer is easily treated if caught at an early stage and over 90% of cases can be cured.
- Having a close relative who has had testicular cancer increases your risk of getting it by ten times.
- One in three men over the age of 50 has trouble passing urine.
- 25,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer in the UK every year.
- Prostate cancer, like most cancers, is easily treatable if caught at an early stage.
- Coronary heart disease accounts for one third of deaths in men aged between 40 and 70 and is the most common preventable cause of death in the UK.
Simply call our friendly team on 01733 842 304 or complete our online form for more information on health screening for men or to book a health screen appointment.
No GP referral is required so you can book your health screening directly with us.