Private GP Service
Our private GP service offers:
- Confidential, professional and friendly GP appointments.
- Unrushed time to discuss your concerns with a GMC registered private GP.
- The choice of a male or female GP.
- Access to a highly experienced and longstanding GP team for continuity of care and peace of mind.
- Immediate private prescriptions.
- Prompt access to a comprehensive range of diagnostic tests (often same day) including blood tests, X-rays, MRI, CT scanning, ultrasounds, cardiac testing (ECG's) and cancer screening (colon, cervical and breast).
- Fast-track results and reporting for pathology and radiology.
- Rapid referral to our on-site consultant specialists and physiotherapy services.
Who can use our private GP service?
Anyone can see one of our well-respected private GPs who practice to the highest clinical standards.
This service can be used for urgent issues as well as longer-term problems for a better healthcare experience.
Our private GP service is not intended as an alternative for conditions which should be managed by a hospital Accident and Emergency department.
Services offered by our private GP service include:
- Consultations and treatment of minor illnesses and conditions including women’s and men’s health issues.
- Ongoing medical care and management of chronic illnesses such as high blood pressure, asthma, and diabetes.
- Health screening including:
- Family planning and contraceptive advice
- Private prescriptions
- Medical examinations and fitness certificates for:
- Pre-employment screening
- Sporting, leisure and charity activity
- Insurance medicals and reports
- Driving - if you are applying for a lorry, taxi or bus driving licence, one of our private GPs can complete your HGV, Taxi Group 2, and PCV driving medical assessment and D4 form (available for download from DVLA website).
- Travel medicals - we recommend a full medical before relocation abroad, and this is a requirement of some VISA applications. Our service can provide chest x-rays, ECG’s and blood tests if required.
- Fast referrals to on-site specialists for a range of investigations and services.
- Initial tests to expediate your NHS care. We can send your consultation details and your test results to your NHS GP if you prefer to further your care through the NHS.
Meet our Private GP Service team
Our private GP service is provided by three GMC registered GPs who are highly experienced in private and NHS practice in the Peterborough area:
Dr Bashir (F)
Dr Hume (M)
Dr Kauser (M)
Dr Stellmacher (W)
They are supported by professional nursing staff.
Sister Jan Hutchinson- RGN and Team Leader
Vicky Fane- HCA
What our patients are saying:
“It was great to be able to book an appointment with a GP on a day and time that fitted with my work commitments. The GP listened fully to my needs and explained what I needed to do next. I was offered further tests on the same day so I didn’t need to come back for them another time.”
“All the staff at Fitzwilliam were so helpful. The GP I saw was excellent and gave me a fast referral to a consultant expert.” “I come to Fitzwilliam every year for a health check. It provides me with peace of mind that my health is ok at the moment. I choose the same doctor, who has got to know me over the years, as this helps make me feel at ease.”
“I used the private GP service at Fitzwilliam Hospital when I was applying for a PSV driving licence. The GP was very efficient and everything was completed and sent off in good time. Would fully recommend their services.”
Book an appointment
There is no need to register, simply call 01733 842 304 to book an appointment or complete our online form.
We offer 20, 40 or 60-minute appointment slots at convenient times.
Prices start from £72.00 for a 20-minute appointment.