Fitzwilliam Hospital offers a full Urogynaecology service for both private and NHS patients under consultant Urogynaecologist, Mr Harnek Rai.
Services provided include:
- Advice and management of all types of vaginal prolapsed
- Review of all types of female urinary incontinence
- Postnatal perineal review
- Labial reduction surgery (fixed cost option)
- Fibroids and voiding problems
- General Gynaecology
- Support from Specialist Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist
Urogynaecology Clinic Times
Tuesday evening: 5.30 – 7.30
Friday morning: 9.00 – 12.30
Private patients should ask their GP for a referral to Mr Rai by one of the following methods:
1. Use our secure online referral system at
(To obtain a password please call the number below)
2. Send paper referrals by fax to 01733 261 119
For more information call : 01733 308 238
NHS patients can choose to be referred to Mr Rai at
Fitzwilliam Hospital by asking their GP to use one of the following referral methods:
1. Refer via the electronic Choose and Book system
2. Send paper referrals by fax to 01733 842331
For more information call our NHS Office on: 01733 842 333
Mr Harnek Rai
Mr Rai is a consultant Urogynaecologist who has been working at the Fitzwilliam Hospital since 2003. He also practices at Peterborough City Hospital.
Mr Rai qualified in 1989 and spent his specialist registrar training in Leicester. He gained experience at both Leicester and Sydney (Australia) as an Urogynaecology fellow. He is a Member of the British Society of Urogynaecology and The International Urogynaecology Association.
Mr Rai is also a member of the General Medical Council, the Medical Protection Society, the Royal College of Obstetricians and
Gynaecologists and is a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New
Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
If you would like to receive a presentation from Mr Rai on any aspect of Urogynaecology at your practice, please contact our GP Liaison Officer on: 01733 842 315.